Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yelling at grandma with alzheimers help?

My grammas has alzheimers and gets confused alot. My aunt lives with her and so do I. Daily my aunt yells at her when my gramma asks questions. In her voice there's an annoyance and anger. I don't know what t do. Everyday she helps my grama put her pajamas on but that's when the yelling is the worst. She screams at her to puts her clothes on or off or put it in the hamper. It confuses my grama and makes up upset and she cries. I do t know why she can't just calmly point and say take this and put it in here. But she yells and says put your socks in the hamper!! She gets confused where her socks off and instead of pointing or anything she just repeats abd screams again to put them in the hamper. Another troubling time is when my grama has to take her pills. Instead of calmly explaining how to do it she just yells and says put them in your mouth an swallow! One time my grama was having trouble and my aunt just stood over her and kept yelling. This made my grama upset and confused. . She got annoyed and left. I was sittin there awkwardly and after she left I calmly explained how to do it and she was eating the pills one after another. It was kinda funny cause her face exression was like see I did it happy now! My aunt got a dog that's just a nuisance for my grama. My grama takes it out and brings it in and gets yelled at when it gets loose. She feeds it and gets yelled cause she overfeeds it. And the dogs sleeps in her room downstairs barking out the window all night while my aunts upstairs (it's a beagle and pretty much the whole town can hear it when it barks at 2 am). One day my grama went outside and I thought she was taking out the dog but she was halfway down the drive way upset and crying. I saw yer out the window so I went up to her and went for a walk. This was dangerous for her cause she is very forgetful and she's never just walked out. After a while she cheered up and I asked doest aunt --- know you left and she goes I do t know an I don't care. When we got close to the house my grma saw my aunt and sighed and was like there she is..... She started getting emotional again. Now I'm not the best grand son but I help out takingthe dog doing the dishes helping with pills but I could do more. I want to confront my aunt about the yelling but I dot want to have a confrontation. It's not even like she watches my gramma all day. While she's working my mom or other aunt comes to watch my gramma and we hired a helper for the mournings. I know with alzheimers it can be stressful day after day same questions repeated again and again but yelling isn't an option. Can someone help me with this problem. I don't havegood relations with my aunt and I don't want a big confrontation cause she can just say I'm not helping out enough and blame her stress on me. Yes I can help ou more but I don't like being around her when she's with my gramma. It's kinda confusing but can someone help or give me advice

No comments:

Post a Comment