Saturday, November 12, 2011

Vasectomy words of wisdom ?

I had mine about 40 yrs. ago.So the procedure in regards to doing it in the first place may have changed. The woman I was married to at the time had 4 children from a prior marriage. I fathered one child and did not want any more. Based on the number of children we had the doctor consented to do the procedure. By the way it was our medical doctor who performed the procedure. Today you may get referred to a Urologist. This was done on a Friday, the dr. located the correct line (I don't know what it is called) put a small slit in the testicle , Pulled out the "line" cut this line and burned both ends, to seal them, put back in the testicle and sewed up the incision. This was done to the other testicle as well. I did not ice down my testicles enough and tried to return to work on the following Monday. I had to take off from work and go back home for a couple of days. So be sure to "ice down" for the swelling. I used condoms for a while (don't remember how long). Then was tested and my sperm was not alive and I went on from there. Things may have changed a bit as to procedure so check with your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment